Construction Project Leader/Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
OBJECTIVE: The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using Asana to track all job-related functions daily, including: scope of work, change orders, weather, subcontractor attendance, progress, photos, expenses, incidents, weekly reports, and alerting back office when tasks are ready to be invoiced.
- Providing a detailed scope of work for every site visit.
- Performing a site visit/walk through to fully understand the scope of work prior to job start.
- Providing to the back office a full list of all job-related equipment and deliveries needed, including but not limited to: containers, lifts, Porta Johns, concrete pours, etc.
- Shopping materials with 2-3 suppliers for optimal pricing.
- Communicating with the back office when all rental equipment is ready to be picked up.
- Coordinating and obtaining all necessary permits, markouts, inspections, parking and other signage prior to starting any job.
- Ensuring all permits are posted at job sites prior to beginning work.
- Reading and understanding plans prior to beginning a project to ensure all specifications are met with precision. If any items need clarification, it is the Project Leader’s responsibility to communicate this need with management.
- Ensuring that all plans are returned to the back office before and after a job site is active.
- Maintaining a list of all contacts for each job site, including but not limited to: engineers, property managers, subcontractors, township officials, suppliers and vendors.
- Scheduling, managing and tracking all subcontractors to ensure accountability and seamless workflow at every stage – from project planning to project closeout.
- Confirming schedules with subcontractors and vendors daily so that all parties and pieces of equipment are on site when anticipated.
- Maintaining strict adherence to OSHA standards and Regal guidelines for site safety and proper
PPE for all individuals on each job.
- Ensuring all subcontractors are meeting/exceeding performance expectations by mandating strict adherence to all plans, scopes, manufacturer’s specifications, codes, change orders and other management directives.
- Immediately communicating any code of conduct concerns or protocol breaches to management.
- Obtaining written approval for any change order requested by job-site management prior to approving or starting additional work.
- Coordinating job-site safety and planning meetings, equipped with any applicable handouts for parties involved.
- Tracking unused job-site materials and communicating with management plans to store, return or discard.
- Ensuring all permits are closed out and final inspections scheduled, performed and passed upon job completion
- Enforcing meticulous site cleanliness standards at all times.
- Maintaining an active inventory of all wardrobe and site-safety equipment.
- Ensuring that all applicable parties – including but not limited to office staff, property manager, engineers, inspectors and subcontractors – are informed of any project schedule delays due to weather or other circumstances at least 24 hours in advance.
- Ensuring effective communication AT ALL TIMES to the office, your supervisor, property manager, engineer, etc.
- Maintaining and continuing to build client relationships, through active and ongoing communication with property managers and/or associations.
- Ensuring proficiency in basic Microsoft software, including Word and Excel.
- Maintaining company property, including but not limited to vans, cellphones, laptops and attire.
Work Remotely: No
As a condition of employment, employees acknowledge a non-solicitation, 2-year non-competition, anti-kickback and confidential information agreement, which is intended to protect the company’s confidential information and business interests.
Safety attire is required at all times. Hard Hat, Safety Glasses & Boots
Our goal is customer satisfaction and building long-term relationships
Site orientation for all. Workers and Visitors in-serviced prior to entry
Report any incident and potential safety concerns