Senior Estimator/Purchasing Manager
SENIOR ESTIMATOR/PURCHASING MANAGER
CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR/PURCHASING MANAGER
JOB DESCRIPTION: SENIOR ESTIMATOR/PURCHASING MANAGER
MINIMUM 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE (MANDATORY)
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain an accurate spreadsheet for “Bids Due,” keeping it “real time” at all times.
- Receive new bids/proposals, analyze scope of work (SOW), determine the most efficient approach for trades and sub-contractors needed and respond to the client.
- Review and fully understand architectural drawings and bid packets. Furnish RFIs for any clarifications needed.
- Provide accurate, timely job takeoffs on multiple trades, sub-contractors, materials and insert them into a bid tabulation spreadsheet.
- Level bids so they can be reviewed and compared to determine if vendors and contractors are apples to apples.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and set up site visits as needed with sub-contractors for all trades necessary.
- De-scope vendors and sub-contractors to ensure their bids are accurate.
- Work with office staff to prepare and submit bids/proposals in a timely manner.
- Devise a standardization for the bidding process.
- Maintain and take full ownership of the bidding process.
- Devise a system for determining whether or not bids are awarded and track or trend by type.
- Devise a bidding process to show ownership full transparency and what measures were taken to ensure accuracy and accounting for all existing condition.
- Devise a standardized pricing sheet, unit costs, etc.
- Provide pricing for awarded jobs and show projected vs. actual costs for both material and labor.
- Shop materials with 3 suppliers for optimal pricing.
- Purchase and track necessary material.
- Coordinate with in-field project managers to ensure necessary materials are being ordered and received in a timely manner for ongoing jobs.
- Furnish any necessary material submittals.
- Ensure effective communication of all necessary information with the office, your supervisor, property manager, engineer, etc.
- Maintain and continue to build upon vendor relationships through active and ongoing communication with sub-contractors and/or potential suppliers.
- Ensure proficiency in basic Microsoft software, including Word and Excel.
- Maintain company property, including, but not limited to, vans, cellphones, laptops and attire.
As a condition of employment, employees acknowledge a non-solicitation, 2-year non-competition, anti-kickback and confidential information agreement, which is intended to protect the company’s confidential information and business interests.
Safety attire is required at all times. Hard Hat, Safety Glasses & Boots
Our goal is customer satisfaction and building long-term relationships
Site orientation for all. Workers and Visitors in-serviced prior to entry
Report any incident and potential safety concerns